2013년 5월 29일 수요일

Term 4 Week 7: May 21st-23rd 2013


  • Theory Class:

- Tuesday: Today we received our real music sheet for the medley of Janger Bali and Suwe Ora Jamu. The combination of these songs will be assessed for our final assessment, which is performing a song by playing with violin. I think our class is going to perform all together as a small orchestra even for our  assessment because we also have to practice for the grade 12 graduation ceremony which will be held next Friday. I think the combination of these songs are quite easy for me, but then the melody is very nice, and these are not the songs that I usually practice on my violin, so it was more fun for me to play something different from what I usually play with my violin. Also, I enjoyed helping Pinka and Rilya on figuring out how to play the medley because it's the first time for them to actually play a formal song with violin. I think Pinka and Rilya had hard time in understanding and feeling comfortable with violin, but I tried my best to help them improve their skills in playing violin.

- Wednesday: Today we also took our whole session playing violin with the medley of Janger Bali and Suwe Ora Jamu, but in different variations. I think we did a much better job than yesterday because everyone had lesser mistakes, and I think Pinka, Rilya and others who played violin for the first time are also getting the melody of this song, and starting to catch up the original speed of the song. I was so happy that we could actually make a harmony out of playing only with one instrument. Now I also want to try playing other songs with my friends that can make different variations out of one song and one instrument because I feel so proud about everyone of us actually making a good orchestra.

- Thursday: Today we received another music sheet, which is the Indonesia Pusaka song. I was very excited that we got to play another song during the graduation, because if we only repeat one song over and over again, I thought it would be quite boring for the listeners. However I think this song is harder for those who are not violin students because in this song, we also have to use the "D" string in addition to "A" and "E" strings. It was quite hard to explain well to my friends on how we have to play for all the notes and whether the note they have plucked or played is in the right pitch or not. Hopefully we will get better starting from next week, because the assessment date is coming soon, and also the graduation ceremony is right after the assessment, so I think I need to help my friends more on playing this song with violin.

  • Instrument Class:

WE DIDN'T HAVE INSTRUMENT CLASS AT ALL FOR THE WHOLE WEEK BECAUSE WE PRACTICED PLAYING VIOLIN FOR OUR ASSESSMENT AND GRADUATION CEREMONY WHENEVER WE HAD MUSIC CLASS. HOWEVER WE ALSO DID MDW IN OUR THEORY CLASS BEFORE OR AFTER WE ARE DONE PRACTICING THE VIOLIN FOR ALMOST TWO SESSIONS.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기